- 6-ish years ago I ran/jog/walked/limped a half-marathon…. then I kind of left the whole race/running world…..womp womp. It felt good to take a baby step back by walking the 5 mile Turkey Trot in Austin this year….with 20,000 other people. Talk about motivation!
- Hot water and lemon….during fall and winter it’s an addiction for me! Back away from the mug and nobody gets hurt :D
- My bro gifted me with a Fitbit awhile back and I enjoy the days when I hit my goal…you know instead of seeing all the steps I should have taken and haven’t ;)
- Hello Christmas time! Sometimes that brings lots of joy and excitement to celebrate the birth of King Jesus. And honestly sometimes it’s crazy busy and stressful and all I want is a nap. To keep my heart and mind focused all month long I’ve been following along with the Advent study IF Equip is doing….so good!
- Y’all know I like to read and as my schedule is fuller this time of year, I’m grateful for audiobooks so I can read on the go! Anyone read Quiet yet by Susan Cain? I’m nowhere close to done, but it’s been a fascinating read so far.
- Ahhhh, city lights at night, never gets old.
- Got the hair did (thank you Ashley!). Trying to make a better game plan for next year. I love Teyonah Parris’ look (who doesn't), so I’ve been building my inspiration board with many of her styles.
- The school where I teach sent me to an InDesign training….wowzers! Hello mind blown! And to all designers everywhere….I stand in awe!
- Speaking of school, my students took photos of what they were grateful for and I made a gratitude wall out of their images. I feel like a mama bear, so proud of them!
- Sooo the whole teaching photography thing really keeps me on my toes! In an assignment I gave my class, I demonstrated creating layers with light using Christmas lights and ornaments….here’s a peek at the back of my camera. Kind of fun to enjoy photography through the eyes of my students
- Spending time with friends around a table feeds my heart and soul. Grateful to be “friend-rich.” And thankful for friends who can decorate so beautifully!
- Gonna toot my own horn for a second here. One of my goals this year was to blog consistently….wellllll December makes it 7 months of nearly perfect blogging 2x a week. Say what??!!?!?!?! Cue the confetti! Thank you phone alarm for the reminders.
- Food prep: oh the struggle is real. I’ve been up and down on this one, but getting better. Seeing these stacks of preplanned meals in the fridge encourages me to keep going!
- Um so, how come fall was like 2 days this year? I guess it is December, so it may be time to move on….but still I needed at least another month of fall ;)
- Ooooh, listened to American Wife, and it was a good but weighty read. Loved hearing Taya Kyle’s story of what it was like to be married to American Sniper Chris Kyle. Grateful for our veterans AND their families!
- And this photo makes me giggle. Not sure why but it does :)
Thanks for reading! Do you like the personal posts? Want me to keep them coming, or stick to mostly photography? I’d love to hear from you through the comments or by email!