How is this year halfway over already??? Life is hopping here behind the camera, so here's the scoop on the happenings lately!
- Long walks with a gorgeous view are like life to my soul!
- Midwest sunsets are breathtaking. Perks of visiting the country.
- Don’t underestimate these pint size cuties, they are whip smart! Case in point, they schooled me at putting together this puzzle.
- My first ever yearbook to serve as advisor on. There were some laaaaate hours putting together this beauty but I’m extremely proud of it and my team!
- Sedrick Huckaby is an artist of such amazing talent. His paintings and words moved me deeply when I attended his artist talk at Valley House Gallery. Pictured here “Just a few Patches”
- It is no secret that I’m a mega fan of the show Alias…I mean how can you not be? This scene right here, describes how I felt after finishing my first year of teaching photography...I made it!
- This book, this book, this book! I flew through the story and read passages out loud to anyone who would listen. Tessa Afshar is a brilliant author and Land of Silence zoomed to the top of my faves list!
- Book club stretches my mind and taste buds. Really enjoyed this local Arlington spot. Thanks Flying Fish for the tasty healthy options…..and the hush puppies, because 80/20 right?
- One thing that’s really great about teaching is that the teacher learns too. I couldn’t pull my eyes from National Geographic's documentary The President's Photographer. And if you need further motivation to watch it; Morgan Freeman is the narrator. You're welcome.
- As a lover of all things fall, I’m stretching myself to focus on what I enjoy about summer. So wearing bright, bold, colors is my effort to embrace the season.
- The best thing about road tripping? Yumminess like The Tamale Place in Indianapolis. OF course this lovely purple wall grabbed my attention. Great words and delicious food. Don’t get me started on their dessert tamales. Yes they are a thing, yes you must try the pumpkin and the chocolate. Your taste buds can thank me later.
- Lots of time on the road means audiobooks! Listening to LeCrae’s Unashamed made the time fly by. His deeply transparent sharing of his life and career have kept my mind spinning long after the last word. And bonus, he includes clips from his songs.
- I enjoyed cooking Nigerian food for a supper club I recently crashed. Since both adults and kiddoes asked for seconds, I’m gonna say the night was a win.
- If you are a book lover and we chat for 2.2 seconds, I will somehow bring up Hoopla. This amazing app allows you to borrow e-books, audiobooks, movies, and music for free using your library card. Yes FREE! Or Yasss free ;)
- The CGI in The Jungle Book was out of this world. The animals were inexplicably life like! It was icing on the cake to hear the voices of Lupita & Idris behind the characters I loved. Favorite quote: For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.
- This year I made a resolution to consistently and professionally style my hair every month. It’s been fun changing up my look on the regular. Thanks to all my fabulous stylist friends who keep me looking coiffed!